Tier I Technical Support Specialist
Volanno is seeking Tier I Technical Support Specialists to support a federal client in downtown DC. These positions will support applications that are all custom built and as well as critical business functions. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and customer service skills and be passionate about technology and helping people.
Tier I Technical Support Specialists will work in shifts to support an operational Technical Support Desk anticipated to be available to our client from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST.
- Generate incident tickets in JIRA Service Desk.
- Provide application troubleshooting to resolve customer incident including walking the customer through error reporting, and creating screen shots.
- Update Knowledge Base to support troubleshooting.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Escalate to Tiers 2 and 3 as needed based on escalation procedures.
- Identify requests that are system enhancements, document and escalate to manager for review.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting a Tier I Technical Support for Application Support.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English, including technical writing skills.
- Strong skills in communicating complex and abstract processes with non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Organized, detailed, and a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Active Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
- Experience participating on Agile projects.
- Experience using JIRA Service Desk.
Named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Volanno is a certified woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. As an IT solution provider, our services include custom software development, program management, and advanced data analytics. From scoping and defining to implementation and support, we are ready to support our clients’ needs at any stage of development in designing and building solutions that prepare them for the future.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.